Development: Our primary mission is to develop and build innovative, beautiful, and sustainable community-oriented housing developments in the Portland area.
Consulting: Eli is happy to offer consulting services on an hourly basis to groups or individuals working to create their own communities, subject to time availability. He also consults with local governments, non-profits and civic organizations. Rates are typically $120/hr, with possible reductions for non-profit clients. Topics include:
- Feasibility studies, code reviews, and site visits to brainstorm options for accessory dwelling units, accessory structures, detached bedrooms, small home communities, and tiny home clusters
- Zoning reform and other strategies to encourage smaller, more efficient, and less expensive housing types
- Property acquisition strategies
- Legal and financing structures for ADUs, joint property ownership models, and development of housing cluster communities
- Mentoring of local groups undertaking cohousing development projects at any scale
Please feel free to contact Eli at (503) 422-2607 for a phone chat to see if his experience might be a good match for your project or organization.
Education: Eli guest teaches classes regularly at Portland State University and has taught classes on cohousing development through Harvard’s Graduate School of Design and Portland Community College. He provides trainings, workshops, and presentations to student groups, local governments and building professionals.
Conscious Covers: Simon Lyle specializes in curved wood porch covers, entry trellises and window shade canopies. We include these beautiful amenities in our new construction projects and are available to craft them for you, too. Contact Simon directly at (503) 799-7467.