Woolsey Corner is a community of 8 family-sized homes (flats & townhomes) located in vibrant New Columbia across the street from Rosa Parks Elementary and the recently-expanded University Park Community Center. It’s also right next door to the Seeds of Harmony community garden and on the #4 bus line.
Woolsey Corner features a shared interior common unit that includes space for community gatherings, guest room, bathroom, and bike parking. A central exterior courtyard serves as a play area and social gathering space, anchored by an existing silver maple tree and surrounded by newly planted fruit trees and blueberries.
Homeowners save big on utility bills, too. The homes exceed the standards of the State of Oregon High Performance Home and will be certified Earth Advantage Platinum. They include all of the green features you could ask for: solar hot water, wood floors, insulation well beyond code, triple-pane windows, and state-of-the-art heating and air conditioning. Energy Star appliances are included. In addition, the homes incorporate numerous recycled and natural features including live edge natural wood trim locally harvested from the urban forest.
Woolsey Corner is designed to support community among residents without compromising privacy or security.
- A shared common unit provides a place for residents to relax, gather together, and host out-of-town guests. It can also serve as a place to informally share resources (ie. games, books, shared newspaper subscriptions, child care, perhaps a big screen TV for movies…).
- Kitchens face the central courtyard, making it convenient for residents to keep eyes-on-the-street (and on kids playing in the courtyard) while preparing meals.
- Bedrooms and bathrooms are located towards the rear of each unit to maximize privacy.
- Ground level units have no-step entrances so they can be accessible for residents and visitors with disabilities.
- The central courtyard has a circular pavilion that can serve as a play area and community gathering space.
- A covered second floor deck atop architecturally dramatic exterior stairs allow residents of the 3-BR units to visit one another without dropping all the way down to ground level.
Roles: Developer, General Contractor