We maintain a list of construction assistants who are available to help with limited-duration carpentry, drywall patching, demolition work, and other tasks as assigned. Ideal candidates have at least a year of hands-on wood frame construction experience and their own tools.
- At least one year of carpentry experience
- Strong personal and professional commitment to the mission and goals of the company
- Effective teamwork, decision making, and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to lift, push or pull at least 60 pounds
- Ability to walk across uneven surfaces at job sites and to climb stairs
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, while carrying acceptable insurance on one’s own vehicle and holding a valid driver’s license. Although work travel by bike and/or transit will be encouraged and supported, some driving will be necessary
- Strong English language skills; additional language(s) a bonus
Hours: Part time, hourly
Compensation: $15-$18/hr, based on experience
Start date: Flexible
Application process: If you feel you meet the qualifications above, please contact Tom Costello at tom[at]orangesplot.net or 503.799.3275.